Meet Matt Swords
As a professional in the mortgage lending industry, I've built my reputation on providing outstanding service to my clients. That means you can count on me to always look out for your best interests, and to keep you informed throughout every step of the lending process. Please don't hesitate to call if you have questions about the information you find here on my web site.
Our process is smooth and simple from start to finish:
- Talk with me. I will work with you to help you determine your financing options and answer all your questions.
- Apply Online. Complete your mortgage application at your convenience through our online application.
- Work together through final approval. From the time your application is received, I work with you to ensure you move through the process checkpoints to final approval.
- Closing on your loan. Prior to loan closing, I will review the Closing Disclosure, funds needed and documentation to bring to close with you. On closing day the final documents are signed at the title company and you receive the keys to your new home!
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Matt is a remarkable lender and advisor. He is one of the most intelligent, hard working and honest people I have had the pleasure of doing business with. He is easy to talk to, focused, and able to discuss complex issues to all levels of understanding. If you are in the market to refinance or purchase a new home, make sure to reach out to Matt for a conversation, it will be the best thing you do.
Matt went above and beyond to help us get the best mortgage available! He is easy to work with and willing to go the extra mile for you! Give him a call and he'll be the one you choose in the end!
Matt was so helpful when we needed to buy our house. We were first time home buyers and had no clue what we were doing! We were referred to Matt from my boss and made our process so simple and worry free and on top of that referred us to Carol who was also amazing!
My wife and I have been living in the US since August and we are attempting to purchase a home here. In fact, we are having one built and we were recommended to Bell Bank Mortgage, and in particular to Matt Swords.
The reason for this note is that we have found the process of securing finance here without US established credit very frustrating.
One ray of sunshine in all of the many hoops we have had to jump through is Matt with his quick responses, constant availability, thoroughness, thoughtfulness, dogged relentless tireless trying and pure good old fashioned customer service.
Matt is an absolute star.
About Super Mortgage Professionals
Matt Swords was named to the 2015 list of Super Mortgage Professionals, independently chosen by the homeowners they serve and approved by industry leaders. This annual list is compiled by Twin Cities Business, Minneapolis-St. Paul magazine and Crescendo Business Services, an Eagan-based market research company. It includes only about 130 mortgage professionals who successfully navigate mortgages.
Mortgage professionals named to the list were graded on customer service, integrity, market knowledge, communication, closing preparation, finding the best rates and overall satisfaction. Each professional went through a rigorous screening process, then was reviewed by a panel of mortgage and real estate industry experts selected to participate in the process based on their experience and knowledge of the industry.
Home Construction Loans
You talked about it, dreamed about it, and now you’re ready to build your new home. Let us make the process a smooth one, from your construction loan to permanent home financing. Build on our experience to help bring your dream home to life. Our home construction lenders offer you:
- Experience – We know the neighborhoods, local contractors and subcontractors, construction processes, costs and loan options.
- Flexibility – We can work with contractors, or directly with you as the general contractor.
- Credibility – We work with reputable, licensed builders.
- Economy – We offer competitive rates on loan options that fit you, with local underwriting and processing.
- Simplicity – We team up to create a smooth transition from your construction loan to permanent home financing.
If you are interested in talking about a home construction loan, just give me a call.
There are a lot of myths about financing a new home – and we’re here to dispel them for you! Here are some of the most commonly held “mortgage myths”:
- You need a 20% down payment to purchase a home. False! You may qualify for an FHA mortgage or other special program that can reduce the amount of down payment you need.
- Getting pre-approved costs a lot of money. False! At Bell Bank Mortgage, you can apply for online or in-person pre-approval, and it’s fast and free!
- You should wait until you are ready to buy to find out what mortgage you qualify for. False! You should get pre-approved 6 months before you’re ready to move. That allows you more time to save, repair credit issues or even look for a home.
- All mortgage companies are alike: False! Our Bell Bank Mortgage team brings years of financing experience and the region’s largest mortgage broker to your home loan! That means competitive rates, programs, costs and unequaled personal service.